The various sections of the Selex website collect personal data for a variety of purposes (to enable you to contact us for information, to send resumes or to register with the site). Some of these sections have their own specific disclosure policies, which comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. The policies have been drawn up by the data controller, which is a partner company of SELEX Gruppo Commerciale S.p.A.
We invite our users and visitors to the website, also referred to hereafter as “data subjects” to read each policy carefully before submitting personal data, as the policies may vary from one retail outlet or store to the next.
The general information provided below therefore refers exclusively to the collection and processing of personal data for which SELEX Gruppo Commerciale S.p.A. is the data controller.
Contact us at the toll free number 800 992992 if you have any questions or queries or wish to exercise your opt-out rights. Alternatively, please fill out and return the following form: http://www.selexgc.it/customercare.aspx
The website www.selexgc.it is owned by SELEX, with registered office at Via Cristoforo Colombo 51-20090 Trezzano sul Naviglio (MI), VAT number 04218940155, listed in the Business Registry (REA) of Milan under No 996807, with a fully paid-up share capital of €1,000,000.00; Toll-free telephone number 800 992992.
Navigation data – In the course of their normal operations, the computer systems and software routines used to run this website collect some personal information pertaining to you, the data subject, the transmission of which is intrinsic to internet communication protocols. The nature of the information is such that the data subject can be identified by processing the information and associating it with other information held by third parties. This category of information comprises: the IP addresses and domain names of computers used by data subjects who connect to the website; uniform resource identifiers (URIs); the time stamp corresponding to the page request; the methods used to forward the request to the server; the size of the file obtained in reply; the numerical code indicating the status of response from the server (successful, failed, etc..); and other information about the operating system and computing environment used by the data subject.
The data is processed for only as long as is strictly necessary and solely for the purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information about the website and verifying that it is working properly.
The data could be used to identify a person suspected of committing a cybercrime against the website. Otherwise, the data on web connections is not retained for more than seven days.
More information on the topic is available at: http:/www.selexgc.it/en-us/cookie-policy
Taking the above observations into account, SELEX also wishes its users to be aware of the following:
Fact sheet on the processing of personal data
Pursuant to Chapter III of EU Regulation 2016/679 on Data Protection ("GDPR"), be advised that Selex will process the data you provide in the manner and according to the terms described below.
The information here provided may be modified at any time, so please check the “last updated” date at the end of this document. Any changes to the policies in this fact sheet will take effect from the date of its publication on the website.
1. Type of personal data processed
Depending on the requests that you make and on the site sections that you choose to visit, we may make use of, in particular, the following information:
- Personal details (e.g. your name, surname, date of birth, complete address, email, phone number) that you enter in the relevant sections of the site ("Personal details and contact information");
- The Loyalty Card number that may be associated with your account ("Loyalty Card Data");
- “Data on the retail outlet” (the region, province, city/town and full address) of the retail outlet (store or supermarket) closest to you or the store where you usually do your shopping. This information is necessary to identify the data controller.
2. Purpose and legal basis of data processing
2.1 As a data subject, any information that you provide will be processed solely for the purpose of responding to your specific requests. SELEX needs to process this data to provide you with the services and /or functions that you have expressly requested and/or to respond to specific queries that you may make.
Data processed: Your personal details and contact information, your loyalty card data and information about the retail outlet that you use.
2.2 The legal grounds for processing the data are that it is necessary either for the execution of the agreement into which you have entered or for the performance of the preliminaries to a contract or service that you have requested.
3. Provision of data and consequences of not consenting to processing
The personal data that we ask you to supply is mandatory in as much as its absence prevents us from providing the services or responses that you have requested. If you refuse to provide the requested data (or subsequently withdraw your consent for its full or partial use), you will not be able to proceed with the use of our services.
4. How your data is processed
The data will be primarily processed with the aid of electronic or automated tools or, alternatively, will be processed manually. The data will be disposed of in a manner that conforms to the provisions of the GDPR, which means its integrity and confidentiality will be protected. In particular, every technical, electronic, organizational, logistical and security-related measure will be taken to guarantee an adequate level of data protection in accordance with the law. Likewise, every possible measure will be taken to minimize the risk of the destruction or loss of the data, unauthorized access to it or its use for purposes inconsistent with those for which it was collected. Consequently, access to your data is granted only to the data controller or to persons (data processors) designated by the same. The data will also be managed and safeguarded in places to which access is restricted and constantly controlled.
5. Data retention times
The data will be kept only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected or for the time necessary to manage the administrative, accounting and other tasks associated with the services that you have requested. If you ask for your data to be deleted or modified or issue an objection to its use, it will be kept for administrative purposes only for a period not exceeding 45 days, except where specific legal obligations require its continued retention for the purposes of financial and tax reporting or public safety. At the end of this period, the data will be permanently deleted or anonymized.
6. Restrictions on sharing
6.1 Data processed for the purposes set out in article 2 above may be shared with:
a) persons who work for SELEX in accordance with the scope of their responsibilities. These persons may process your data if expressly authorized to do so by the data controller, and include SELEX employees and contractors, marketing and e-commerce directors, and the administration and accounting, legal affairs and IT departments of SELEX;
b) external parties not in the employ of SELEX but who process the data on its behalf in their capacity as data processors, namely: companies, consultants or professionals contracted to install, maintain, update and generally manage SELEX hardware or software or whose services SELEX has engaged in order to deliver its own services; public and/or public parties, legal and/or physical persons (external law firms, administrative and tax consultants, process servers and law enforcement officers etc.) if the sharing of the data is necessary for or conducive to contract performance relating to the services provided, or if the sharing of the data is required by law. A complete updated list of these persons (data processors) is available upon request by calling the toll-free number 800 992992 and is also available from the registered offices of SELEX. The data may also be transmitted to third parties for purposes of legal compliance or if so requested by a judicial or public authority. Your personal data will not be transferred abroad.
6.2 Dissemination of data - Under no circumstances shall the personal data referred to here be disseminated to unidentified parties.
7. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The controller of the data referred to in this fact sheet is Selex Gruppo Commerciale SpA, with registered office at Via Cristoforo Colombo 51 -20090 Trezzano sul Naviglio (MI), VAT No 04218940155, listed in the Business Registry (REA) of Milan No 996 807, with a share capital, fully paid-up, of € 1,000,000.00; toll-free phone: 800 992992. As the data subject, you are entitled under article 8 below, to query or object to the processing of your personal data by contacting the Data Protection Officer at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Your rights as data subject
Where allowed by law, your rights as data subject are as follows:
- to access your personal data, to ascertain its source, the object and purpose of its processing, and to obtain information about the data controller, the data processor and other parties to whom it has been divulged;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of the data. The withdrawal of consent does not retroactively affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out beforehand;
- to update or rectify your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- to request the deletion of your personal data from databases and/or from the files of the data controller if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes indicated above;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances such as, for example, where you have disputed its accuracy, for as long as it takes the data processor
- to verify the accuracy of the data;
- to object to the processing of your personal data or to interrupt its further processing for any of the reasons given above. As soon as you make such a request, the data controller may no longer process your personal data, unless specifically permitted to do so by law. As data subject, you may exercise your rights by contacting the data controller by means of written notice to be sent to the data protection officer, as described in the previous point. As data subject, you also enjoy the right to file a complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority of the EU member state in which you reside or habitually work, or in which the alleged violation took place. Please note that the information provided here may be expanded through the addition of new items or instructions that help the data subject to comprehend the meaning and implications of privacy or that are rendered necessary by changes in the regulatory framework.